SC Hearing Update: Jan 16
- Senior Lawyers appearing on behalf of CMC Vellore argued that their institution is 100 years old and India's leading medical institution compared to AIIMS and they are giving stipends to the doctors and they absorb them in their own institutions .
- They also quoted some previous supreme court orders and mentioned that minority institutions are guarded by constitutional rights and MCI has no jurisdiction over the admission process of minority institutions.
- They also quoted 1997 supreme orders which says minority institutions have the full rights over the admission process.
- Argument will be continued by the senior most lawyers of other minority institutions tomorrow.
- Hearing ,likely to be continued next week also, pertaining to institutions governed by other private universities and state governments.