SC Hearing Update: Mar 5
- NEET PG case (T.C.(C)No.98/2012) was listed as item no. 4 in the final cause list for the Court no. 1. (5th March)
- The case discussion started around 11:30 am and continued till 3 pm.
- Today, the case discussion started with Mr. R Venkatamani (On behalf of Pondicherry) – he presented his arguments for about 10-15 minutes
- Next, Mr.K. K. Venugopal started his arguments on behalf of linguistic minorities and some colleges in Karnataka
- He continued his arguments till 3pm
- He is expected to continue his arguments tomorrow (for about 1-2 hours)
Summary of arguments:
- The introduction of NEET is unreasonable and arbitrary
- MCI does not have the power to make such a change in the entrance exam pattern
- Case has been postponed to 6th March for next hearing.